Privacy & Collection
We will need to collect personal information about you
Who will be collecting your personal and sensitive information?
Your personal information will be collected by Labourforce Professional for its own use and on behalf of other members of the Labourforce Professional group who might require access to your personal and sensitive information in connection with your work placements. The other members of the Labourforce Professional group are: LabourHealth Your personal information will be held by Labourforce Professional. Some of your personal information may be held on portable devices such as mobile phones, laptop computers or in diaries operated and held by our staff members.
Personal information about you that we collect from others
We collect personal information about you from other people including referees, previous employers, professional registration authorities, educational institutions, who may be in a position to provide us with information that we may use to assess your suitability to be placed in or continue in positions that you may be offered. If we reasonably believe that your being in, or remaining in, a position might present a risk to your health and safety or to that of others for whose health or safety we are responsible, we may collect relevant personal information (including health information) that will allow us to manage that risk.
Legal requirements for personal information
Some laws such as taxation law, immigration law, laws regulating employment agencies, laws relating to national security, laws relating to professional or trade registration and laws for the protection of certain classes of people (such as children or the elderly) may require that we collect certain types of information (including criminal history and evidence of your right to work) from you that is relevant to the position/s for which you may be applying. There may be cases where our duties require us to obtain and disclose certain types of personal information relevant to specific jobs. [eg. some professional registration legislation may require the collection of certain types of information] When requesting information of this type we will tell you whether the supply of that information by you is mandatory or voluntary.
If you do not give us all or part of the information we need
- We may be limited in our ability to locate suitable work for you
- We may be limited in our ability to place you in work
- We might decline to represent you in your search for work or put you forward for particular positions
Your personal information will be used in connection with:
- Our assessment of your suitability for registration with us;
- The necessary validation (including from appropriate third party sources) of your resume, CV, nominated references, or stated qualifications, experience, training or abilities
- Where we require third party validation we will tell you how we propose to obtain it
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Your performance appraisals
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Our identification of your training needs
- Suggestions we may make to you, whilst you remain registered with us, for further training in connection with work of the type that you are seeking through us
- Any workplace rehabilitation in which you and we are involved
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which you are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of your personal or sensitive information
- Any reference that we may give concerning your work
- Our statutory compliance obligations
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Labourforce Professional;
- A person who seeks a reference about you;
- Other members of the Labourforce Professional group of companies;
- Our insurers;
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information;
- A Workers Compensation body;
- Our contractors and suppliers – e.g. our I.T. contractors, internet service suppliers and database designers, some of whom may be off shore;
- A parent, guardian, holder of an enduring power of attorney (or like authority) or next of kin whom we may contact in any case in which consent is required or notification is to be given and where it is not practicable to obtain it from or give it directly to you;
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information;
Security of your personal information;
Labourforce Professional takes all reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds is protected against misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Labourforce Professional holds personal information in both hard copy and electronic forms in secure databases on secure premises, accessible only by authorised staff. Labourforce Professional will destroy or de-identify personal information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless Labourforce Professional is otherwise required or authorised by law to retain their information.
You can gain access to, and seek correction of your personal information:
Labourforce Professional takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure personal information it holds is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your personal information that is collected and held by Labourforce Professional. If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that Labourforce Professional holds about you, please contact Labourforce Professional via the contact details set out below. Labourforce Professional will grant access to the extent required or authorised by the Privacy Act or other law and take steps reasonable in the circumstances to correct personal information where necessary and appropriate. To obtain access to your personal information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- Labourforce Professional requests that you be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- Labourforce Professional may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to Labourforce Professional for providing access in accordance with your request.
Labourforce Professional will endeavour to respond to your request to access or correct your personal information within 30 days from your request. If Labourforce Professional declines your request to access or correct your personal information, Labourforce Professional will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
Labourforce Professional uses “cookies” to enable its web site to interact with your browser so as to provide you with better service and a more effective web site. “Cookies” are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computers hard drive. Cookies are used to maintain session information between your browser and Labourforce Professional application, and are required for Labourforce Professional’s application to operate. The Labourforce Professional web server can later retrieve these cookies if you visit again. Labourforce Professional allocates a cookie to each Internet browser that visits its web site. This cookie does not allow Labourforce Professional to collect personally identifiable information about you.
Labourforce Professional’s web servers gather your IP address to help diagnose problems with our service, to administer our site, and to gather broad demographic information. Demographic information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Online application is a free and optional service that does not require registration. It requires you to complete mandatory fields (e.g., first name, last name, phone and email). You can choose to write or attach a cover letter and attach a resume. This email will be directly sent to the branch with whom you have registered.
Off site links
Labourforce Professional may provide links to other sites. Labourforce Professional is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these web sites. Your activity on those sites is covered by the privacy policies on those sites.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us about your personal information you should contact your local branch on 1300 85 85 15 during normal office hours which are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.